Sunday, January 3rd and 17th
Learn about the geologic processes that shaped the hills. The hike includes Mobius,
Heart, and Eye of the Alabama Arches. You’ll also discover that there’s more to the
Alabama Hills than just Movie Flat! The hike includes scenic vistas of the Sierra, Inyo
Mountains, and Owens Lake, plus a visit to a riparian zone in the heart of the hills.
Duration: 2.5—3 hours
Good fitness level is required. The hike is a loop about 3.5 miles in distance with
some moderately strenuous sections. The entire hike is on trail and/or multi-use routes.
For All Interpretive Hikes:
- Meet at the Eastern Sierra Interagency Visitor Center, Lone Pine, CA. Corner of Routes 395 and 136.
- We will car pool to the Alabama Hills. Driving time is approx. 10 minutes.
What To Bring:
- Layered clothing for a range of temperatures and windy conditions, appropriate footwear, and at least 1 liter of water. Optional: trekking poles snacks, camera, binoculars.
For More Information call;
- Alabama Hills Steward, Dave Kirk email@example.com
- Eastern Sierra Interagency Visitor Center 760 876-6222